This course provides teacher candidates with the knowledge and skills required to design effective subject-specific short and long-term planning needed to assist G7-12 diverse learners in achieving state-adopted standards. Emphasis is placed on student learning and evidence. Four-hours of work in a G7-12 classroom are required.
- Design a variety of G7-12 content area standards-based, learner outcomes and assessment products engaging and supporting G7-12 pupils in developmentally appropriate learning. (MCA 1)
- Analyze, revise, and align curricular elements and provide a rationale for your curricular decisions. (MCA 1)
- Use G7-12 student learning information to design differentiated learning for the whole class and the five pupils. (MCA 2)
- Analyze a series of case studies focused on#8212;a) P12 standardized assessments, b) formative assessment, c) summative assessment, d) student learning evidence during instruction, and e) evidence of student learning used for planning the next day. (MCA 2)
- Use G7-12 student learning information to design a Unit Plan in a designated G7-12 content area for whole class and five focus pupils. (MCA 3)
- Use feedback from two educators in your academic content area to revise and reflect the Unit Plan. (MCA 3)
- Use G7-12 student learning information to design and analyze one learning plan for the whole class and five focus pupils. (MCA 4)
- Teach a designed learning in a G7-12 content area classroom, collect student learning data, and analyze the data in a reflective approach. (MCA 4)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education