Integration of California’s K-12 SACs, student learning data, research-based curriculum development, learner assessment strategies and instructional principles in designing short and long-term learning plans for each middle/high school learner. In actual G7-12 school activities, teacher candidates are guided in the application of these concepts, skills and dispositions.
- Design a variety of standards-based, learner outcomes and related learning products engaging G7-12 pupils in developmentally appropriate learning. (MCA 1)
- Analyze and revise a lesson plan to display aligned curricular elements of learning plan. (MCA 1)
- Collect and use student learning information on five K12 pupils in order to create developmentally appropriate (differentiated) strategies for each student. (MCA 2)
- Pass an examination on variety of legal, ethical, professional, and curricular design issues. (MCA 2)
- Design a Unit Plan for whole class and five focus pupils along with rationale providing detailed instructional decision-making explanations. (MCA 3)
- Analyze and respond to two educators’ (same content area) feedback on the Unit Plan. (MCA 3)
- Design one learning plan for whole class, four focus pupils, and identify ways to collect evidence of student learning. (MCA 4)
- Teach or co-teach a 30-45 minute teaching event, collect evidence of student learning, and use the evidence to respond to required reflective activities. (MCA 4)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.