Multiple subject curriculum development and teaching History, Social Science, Physical Education, Visual and Performing Arts using State of California content standards. Content-specific teaching practices, lesson design, learning environments and assessment of student learning are emphasized to provide access to the curriculum for all students.
- Identify and describe community resources that support school learning environments.
- Given student backgrounds, design a variety of educational experiences and provide adaptations for learners with exceptional linguistic and learning needs in the upper elementary grades.
- Given student backgrounds, design a variety of educational experiences and provide adaptations for learners with exceptional linguistic and learning needs in the lower elementary grades.
- Design lessons.
- Design and implement a lesson plan. Reflect on the experience after instruction.
- Design long-term curricular plans that integrates Social Science, Physical Education, and Visual and Performing Arts.
- Will be able to reflect and revise the unit plan.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.