Students in this course will learn the theoretical foundations of curriculum, instruction, and assessment. Students will apply the key principles in designing effective curriculum, instruction, and assessment strategies for diverse learners in a variety of settings. This course is one of six Core courses and serves those students not interested in earning a PK12 teaching credential.
- Analyze curricular models designed to align to the essential models of curriculum.
- Analyze the Models of Instruction according to instructional theories, curricular use, learner roles, instructor roles, instructional expectations, and learning goals(s).
- Create a unit of study displaying the key design principles for curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- Develop an instructional event using curricular, instructional, and assessment design theories.
- Analyze a variety assessment products created to represent Bloom’s three Learning Domains and two taxonomy levels within each domain.
- Evaluate the designed assessment products based on key criteria identifying effective assessment methods and measures.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education