This course is designed to provide learning opportunities for candidates to integrate and reflect on the knowledge, skills, abilities and dispositions acquired in the pre-service coursework with their student teaching experience.
- Understand the importance of their roles and responsibilities as K-12 classroom teachers and demonstrate an ethical code of behavior, as responsible citizens in their respective learning environments within the cultural context of their community.
- Define culture and describe the culture of their students, classroom, school and community.
- Create a classroom management system that optimizes student learning.
- Identify and describe a variety of learner profiles including English Language Learners.
- Use reflective practices with peers, support providers and other professional educators to advance self-improvement in classroom management and instructional planning.
- Identify what constitutes effective differentiation and reflect on its significance for student learning.
- Implement a lesson plan that shows evidence of differentiation by level of readiness, interest and/or learning profile for a specific group of students.
- Identify key on-grade assessment measures and explain their structure and purpose.
- Analyze the structure and overall of scope of differing assessment plans aligned to their subject matter and grade level(s).
Why Choose National University?
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education