This course is designed to provide learning opportunities for candidates to integrate and reflect on the knowledge, skills, abilities and dispositions acquired in the pre-service coursework with their student teaching experience.
- Understand the importance of their roles and responsibilities as K-12 classroom teachers and demonstrate an ethical code of behavior, as responsible citizens in their respective learning environments within the cultural context of their community.
- Define culture and describe the culture of their students, classroom, school and community.
- Create a classroom management system that optimizes student learning.
- Identify and describe a variety of learner profiles including English Language Learners.
- Use reflective practices with peers, support providers and other professional educators to advance self-improvement in classroom management and instructional planning.
- Identify what constitutes effective differentiation and reflect on its significance for student learning.
- Implement a lesson plan that shows evidence of differentiation by level of readiness, interest and/or learning profile for a specific group of students.
- Identify key on-grade assessment measures and explain their structure and purpose.
- Analyze the structure and overall of scope of differing assessment plans aligned to their subject matter and grade level(s).
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.