Provides teacher candidates with classroom leadership strategies to create a classroom environment that is conducive to teaching and learning. Teacher candidates will also learn how to determine students’ abilities through formative and summative assessments and to use this information to provide appropriate instructional strategies to enhance student learning.
- Create a safe and productive learning environment for all learners and for assessment of student learning.
- Complete your ePortfolio of Anchor Activities and Signature Assignments.
- Describe the standards of sound assessment (validity and reliability), the methods of assessment (qualitative and quantitative), the uses of assessment (formative and summative), the users of assessment (i.e., for the learner, educators, parents, and other stakeholders), the context of assessment (large-scale, classroom, and individual) and the content of assessment (cognition, affect, and behavior)
- Design instructional lessons that are grade appropriate and are aligned with the state content standards and frameworks for the selected subject areas.
- Engage students by creating individual, small, and large instructional groups, selecting appropriate learning tasks, implementing appropriate instructional methodologies and strategies, and making connections to prior learning experiences.
- Provide ongoing assessment of student learning through the use of a variety of formal and informal assessments.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with parents/guardians, colleagues, and policymakers in developing a community of learners.
- Support candidate in field experience.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education