Provides instructional strategies and methodologies for adapting content, assessment and pedagogy that ensures every student with exceptional learning needs is taught under optimal conditions for learning.
- Recognize and identify learners with various exceptionalities.
- Understand teachers’ roles, both in general and special education.
- Effectively communicate the legal and educational rights of exceptional learners to parents and families.
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of the various contexts for serving students with special needs.
- Apply instructional strategies that work for all types of learners.
- Value the students they teach as individuals who are capable of learning.
Why Choose National University?
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education