Includes content, methods, and materials for teaching visual and performing arts, physical education, and health in the elementary classroom.
- Know and understand the content of the visual and performing arts as primary media for communication, inquiry, and insight among elementary students.
- Candidates will be able to integrate the performing and visual arts into the general elementary curriculum.
- Candidates will know and understand teaching techniques integrating art, music, movement, and drama in Core Content Areas.
- Candidates will be able to use Physical Education and Health to enhance and the curriculum of the core content areas of language arts, social studies, mathematics, and science.
- Candidates will be able to use the curriculum and teaching techniques of physical education and health.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education