This eight week course is designed to prepare pre-service teachers with the knowledge and skills necessary to teach students in grades K-8 science, technology, engineering, and mathematics(STEM). This includes developing rigorous, standards-based lessons that are engaging, enjoyable, and meaningful to students. Opportunities will also be provided to explore, analyze, and incorporate digital resources for teaching STEM methods.
- Research and analyze the profound gap between the knowledge and skills most students learn in school and the knowledge and skills needed to meet the nation’s current workforce development needs in STEM-related fields.
- Analyze local, state, and/or national data comparing equity gaps for students entering STEM-related careers.
- Apply evidence-based methods for teaching STEM content and concepts.
- Apply evidence-based strategies for differentiation of STEM instruction for diverse students including culture/race, ability/disability, gender, age, socioeconomic status.
- Analyze strategies for overcoming barriers to applying instructional strategies that infuse problem-solving, rigorous and relevant questions, systems thinking, problem identification, formulation and solution into instruction and develop strategies to overcome the difficulty.
- Apply evidence-based research and redesign a classroom unit utilizing STEM education attributes.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education