Introduces teacher candidates to teaching as a profession. Included in this course is the process and procedures for creating an ePortfolio. Course is offered over a 2 month period to be completed prior to enrollment in other TED courses.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the commitment, rewards and responsibilities of a teaching career.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the attitudes and dispositions of a professional educator.
- Describe the role of teachers within schools, the community, society, and in the world.
- Communicate orally and in writing the current issues and trends in education today.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the diversity served in student populations and the social issues affecting teaching and learning.
- Articulate the state professional teaching standards (California Teaching Performance Expectations, Nevada (Nevada Teaching Standards), and Hawaii Teacher Performance Standards) and demonstrate the connection between the state standards and the professional standards for the teaching profession.
- Demonstrate understanding of the legal, ethical and the school law as it pertains to the particular state (California, Hawaii, Nevada).
- Utilize systematic observations in a responsible manner to support individual professional growth as an educator resulting in a written philosophy of teaching and learning.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, need for, and use of a professional electronic portfolio.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education