21st Century Teaching Methods
Preparation of pre-service teachers for 21st Century culturally and technologically enriched classrooms. Strategies will include how teaching, learning, and technology work together to develop a holistic view of education.
- Develop a realistic understanding of teaching.
- Examine a variety of technologies for instructional delivery.
- Describe cultural complexities within the school.
- Describe the 10 core principles of INTASC and their relationship to the 13 Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs) for CA.
- Design Lesson Plans supported by a variety of technologies.
- Evaluate standards-based lesson plans for learning and achievement in content areas.
- Reflect on the ethical and legal issues facing teachers in the digital age.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.