This course will guide students in the review of research and articles that focus on the definitions, features and significance of learning communities in schools, classrooms, and associations.
- Apply the learning from related articles or reports that reflect research on Learning Communities and Adult Learning Theories.
- Know and understand how the NBPTS defines Learning Communities and where this information aligns and supports the Core Propositions and Certificate Standards.
- Recognize features of democratic communities in the classroom, school and beyond and incorporate them as specific strategies in the classroom.
- Describe specific instructional approaches including technology, used to enhance classroom learning community environments.
- Identify and provide evidence of leadership and contributions made to the broader profession that have impacted student learning.
- Identify and provide evidence of collaborative experiences that have impacted student learning.
- Identify and provide evidence of specific staff development activities including the use of technology which focuses on teachers as learners and that have translated into student achievement.
- Write commentaries as outlined in Portfolio Entry #4 that reflect accomplished practices and your synthesis of the research related to membership in Learning Communities with emphasis on contributions to the profession: work with colleagues, with families and communities and work and growth as a continuous learner.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education