This course will provide students with an overview that leads to clear interpretations and understanding of the various components and interconnections that shape and influence the quality of teaching, student learning, professional development and leadership in our schools and communities.
- Identify and apply information gained from key research reports, legislative bills, policies, and practices that play a role in attempting to increase quality in each of these areas: teaching, student achievement, professional standards, professional development, and teacher leadership.
- Accurately describe the NBCT Process and the Core Propositions.
- Identify Certificate Fields, Standards, the NBCT Portfolio Entries for use in examining accomplished teaching, learning and leadership.
- Provide examples of each of the 5 core propositions "at work" in classrooms and with students, community and colleagues.
- Provide examples of certificate standards that are reflected in their roles as teacher and teacher leader.
- Design a plan that addresses and proposes solutions to identified school needs and that requires leadership and action related to the NBCT Standards.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education