Upon completion of this course, participants will possess the knowledge, skills and abilities identified in the California Standards for the Teaching Profession. The emphasis is on developing a repertoire of Best Practice Teaching Strategies that can be applied to classroom instruction and assessment of diverse learners.
- Apply the Best Practices standards-based strategies to their teaching.
- Reflect on their own teaching and its effectiveness for diverse learners.
- Use student engagement and motivation strategies to accelerate learning and create intrinsically motivated Power Learners.
- Demonstrate the use of interdisciplinary vocabulary building strategies and define how 20 minutes a day of vocabulary development increases student achievement across subject areas.
- Demonstrate the use of Best Practices to develop the language proficiency of English learners.
- Apply 21st century teacher and student questioning and problem solving to develop students’ critical and creative thinking.
- Reflect on the importance of interdisciplinary learning.
- Apply Best Practice reading comprehension strategies for textual and digital reading.
- Apply 21st century communication strategies.
- Create a standards- based lesson incorporating and applying Best Practice teaching Strategies.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.