Covers theories and research on Best Practices in education. Best Practice research on effective schools emphasizes: classroom instructional practices, classroom management, school organization and planning, strategies for linguistically and culturally diverse students to access the core curriculum, instructional leadership, teaching environment, teaching strategies, peer assistance, peer review process and parent and community support.
- Explain the difference between expert teachers and experienced teachers.
- Explain How to Teach More Faster and Teach for Transfer.
- Discuss the research on Best Practices and the implications for optimum learning and accelerated achievement.
- Implement Best Practice teaching strategies in their classrooms across subject areas.
- Apply Best Practices to standards-based content instruction.
- Discuss how teaching for transfer helps English language learners.
- Create an interactive lesson using the strategies reinforcing, nonlinguistic representations, cooperative learning, generating and testing hypotheses, higher level questioning, cueing, using advanced organizers, summarizing and taking notes.
- Create a lesson plan using the nine Best Practices outlined in Classroom Instruction that Works.
Why Choose National University?
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.