This course requires candidates to apply their accumulated knowledge to a specific professional challenge addressing student equity and achievement. This is an individualized course involving the reading of one required textbook and one additional text of the candidates' choice on the topic of leadership or organizational effectiveness. An important component of this course is connecting leadership theory with practical application.
- Develop and understanding of the Leadership and Learning Matrix.
- Develop their own leadership profile.
- Understand how organizations change.
- Develop an understanding of the necessary ingredients for a plan supporting organizational change.
- Determine the components of managing professional time necessary for accomplishing leadership tasks.
- Identify the antecedents of excellent leadership.
- Understanding the leadership qualities needed to produce effective classroom instruction.
- Create their own leadership profile based on the Leadership and Learning Matrix.
- Produce a study of how to create and support change in an organization.
- Design a plan of how to manage professional time in accomplishing leadership tasks.
- Analyze data to determine the antecedents of excellent leadership.
- Resolve the debate over the importance of developing and mentoring the leadership qualities in leaders of the future.
- Engage with other colleagues to critique each others' leadership strategies through the use of the web-based bulletin board.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.