This course focuses on the current state of teacher leadership, emerging proposals for reframing teacher leadership, and examines emotion intelligence research and its impact on morale and motivation of staff within organizations. Through completion of a triangulation assessment, and the creation of a personal action plan to improve emotional intelligence, candidates will better understand their organization and develop a clear sense of their own strengths and challenges as leaders.
- Understand the components of emotional intelligence.
- Develop their ability to conduct a rigorous self-assessment of their own emotional intelligence.
- Know how to connect emotional intelligence to their leadership style.
- Develop an understanding of what validates the connecting of emotional intelligence to leadership style.
- Know how to create a personal professional action plan.
- Be knowledgeable about the research surrounding emotional intelligence.
- Analyze their emotional intelligence competencies by conducting a rigorous self-assessment.
- Assess the validity of the need to connect emotional intelligence to teacher leadership by the creation of a personal professional action plan.
- Debate the research surrounding emotional intelligence.
- Engage with other colleagues to critique each others' professional action plan.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.