This course focuses on the role of the leader in educational accountability and contains an exploration of the #8220;antecedents of excellence#8221; which are measurable activities in teaching, curriculum, leadership, parent involvement, extracurricular activities, and other factors that are the antecedents of student achievement. Candidates learn to create accountability systems for their personal and professional responsibilities going beyond the consideration of test scores as the sole vehicle for educational accountability.
- Understand how to identify and use the accountability measurement tools in use at their school.
- Be knowledgeable of the variety of accountability systems available for their use.
- Develop an understanding of what determines whether an accountability measurement tool is effective.
- Understand how to use Multidimensional Leadership Assessment analysis in their school setting.
- Know how to create an accountability system based upon the needs of the school/classroom.
- Understand how to effectively provide constructive feedback on the accountability system created by colleagues.
- Analyze the accountability systems in use at their schools.
- Judge the effectiveness of a variety of accountability measurement tools.
- Apply principles of effective accountability.
- Engage other colleagues in debating the effectiveness of certain accountability measurement tools.
- Apply the principles of effective accountability through the creation of a new accountability system.
- Provide constructive feedback on the accountability system created by colleagues.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.