This is the foundation course for the Teacher Leadership Specialization and involves a self-assessment and the creation of a personal learning plan. Upon completion of the course, candidates will develop a clear sense of their strengths and challenges as educational leaders. In addition to developing a plan for their own professional learning, participating candidates will all learn the skills for assessing and developing other educational leaders within their organization.
- Understand how to conduct an assessment of leadership competencies.
- Better understand their own leadership competencies.
- Know how to conduct a multi-dimensional leadership assessment analysis.
- Be able to create a personal professional learning plan.
- Understand the research surrounding educational leadership.
- Acquire and be able to demonstrate the leadership qualities needed to produce effective classroom instruction.
- Conduct a rigorous self-assessment to analyze their own personal leadership competencies.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of multi-dimensional leadership assessment through the creation of a personal professional learning plan.
- Assess and debate the research surrounding educational leadership.
- Engage other colleagues to critique each other's multi-dimensional leadership assessment analysis.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.