Work in this seminar course will center primarily on learners at the elementary, intermediate, middle, and high school levels; and it will have a foundation in what we know from research and inquiry in language arts and related areas. Other topics will include the nature of teaching and learning in classrooms designed to meet the needs of P-12 students with a range of capabilities, strengths, and backgrounds.
- Compose a synopsis of a book's critical points and present this to the class.
- Compose a Becoming the Expert paper to find out what we currently know about a literacy subject and to pose questions that are unanswered.
- Analyze answers to questions to make inferences and draw conclusions about the standards in the Reading/Language Arts Framework for California Public Schools.
- Compare interactions among the literacy components.
- Clarify interactions among literacy and other content areas.
- Critique a variety of theories of strategies for working with classrooms which are diverse academically, linguistically, and culturally.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education