This course explores how a variety of teaching models and learning theories are applied in the instructional contexts. Specific application of some models and theories will be discussed in this course and presented in student-designed curriculum projects.
- Compare and contrast at least four different models of teaching/learning, explaining their appropriate usage in a variety of classroom settings specifically addressing diverse student populations and students with special need.
- Conduct and analyze a classroom observation in the PK-12 setting to include a description of: the learning environment, students, social interactions, academic content, educational materials, instructional strategies, and assessment used to monitor learning.
- Design and develop an effective instructional plan, teaching materials, and assessment instruments to measure the achievement of student learning outcomes within a standards based unit.
- Develop and describe effective methods for increasing student learning outcomes by integrating technology applications.
- Analyze and reflect on instructional strengths and needed areas for improvement based on the State Standards for the Teaching Profession and/or the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Five Core Propositions.
- Evaluate and discuss classroom applications of current research on effective teaching.
- Select and explain the application of effective strategies for developing learning communities within schools/classrooms and for building professional relationships/networks.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education