This course will examine the underlying principles that have shaped standards, assessments, accountability and the need for educational reform. The course will emphasize evaluation of school programs, student assessment and program design using appropriate review criteria.
- Demonstrate knowledge competency of a quality educational program, which create democratic learning communities that succeed for a diverse population. a) creating small size for the school or learning communities within the school. b) structures that allow for personalization and strong relationships; c) intellectually challenging and relevant relationships; d) performance-based assessment; e) highly competent teachers who collaborate in planning and problem solving.
- Analyze the need for change, reforming, and restructuring of schools and the issues of accountability.
- Investigate the literature on what makes curriculum standards work, and how to implement standards-based assessment in the classroom, school and district.
- Analyze the design and implementation of curriculum including the philosophy, assessment, management and expectations as they relate to the mission of the school.
- Review state and federal assessment guidelines as they apply to school performance and expectations as well as meeting the state and federal compliance issues.
- Investigate the factors that affect what qualifies given standards for distinguished Schools.
- Investigate the procedures for doing self-studies, visitations by district and state personnel and requirements for further study.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education