Literal comprehension, inferential, interpretive and critical analysis of the following forms of communication: written expression, and oral communication. Students will demonstrate proficiency in reading, writing, listening and speaking Spanish for a variety of purposes in authentic contexts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main ideas and significant details of oral messages in a variety of authentic contexts.
- Differentiate between deductive and inductive inferences based on information contained in oral messages.
- Analyze and evaluate oral messages in relation to their purpose, context, and point of view.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the main idea and significant detail of written text.
- Utilize deductive and inductive inferences based on information contained in written texts.
- Apply critical reasoning skills to written texts.
- Compose a well-organized passage in the target language, employing styles and levels of diction appropriate for a given audience, purpose, and occasion and demonstrating command of a wide range of vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and linguistic structures.
- Construct connected oral discourse that communicates a message effectively, demonstrating a wide range of vocabulary, idiomatic expressions, and linguistic structures.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education