Second half (4 months) of intern experiences as a teacher of record in year three’s practicum. Approved CSET area. Six Teaching Performance Experience (TPE) domains composed of 45 new TPE elements. Approved Committee for Academic Standards petition required. Grading is S, U or In Progress (IP).
- Integrate knowledge for engaging and supporting all K12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate knowledge for creating/maintaining effective learning environments for all K12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate knowledge for making subject matter comprehensible for all K12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate knowledge for designing/planning learning experiences for all K12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate knowledge for assessing all K12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Integrate knowledge for being a legal, ethical, and professional educator for all K12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs.
- Students are expected to successfully hold employment in an approved university and CA public school.
- Students are expected to teach in a classroom aligned to their CSET credential.
- Students are expected to be in compliance with the Commission on Teacher Credentialing, and with National University’s requirements.
- Students are expected to be in good standing with the employer and National University for the duration of the active University Internship Teaching Credential.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education