Instructional design principles for teaching in grades 7-12. Strategies for designing short and long-term curriculum/instruction/assessment aligned with content standards. Evidence-based research appropriate for the application the CA Common Core and academic standards across the various single subject content areas.
- Analyze relevant California academic standards for a selected content area for the purpose of designing instruction for all learners, including a variety of English Language learners, students with exceptionalities, and other learning needs.
- Design the instructional approaches for a given content area created to meet established targets and effectively teach for all learners, including English speakers, English learners, Standard English learners, students with exceptionalities, and students with other learning needs.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the integrated design process through socially-constructed feedback mechanisms.
- Reflect on instructional practices and beliefs needed for designing an integrative approach to teaching a designated content area in grades 7-12 and ensuring for all learners socially-emotionally thriving and meaningful academic achievement within an equitable, inclusive learning environment.
- Students are expected to attend all class sessions, participate in all class activities, and complete assessment measures/assignments as scheduled.
- Students are expected to complete an assignment requiring four-hours in classroom(s) representing the designated content area for grades 7-12.
- Students are expected to integrate textbooks, internet resources, educational research and literature, and/or lecture concepts into all appropriate assignment requirements.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.