Becoming a SS Teacher I
State and program requirements specific to Single Subject Teaching Credential. Research-based strategies, knowledge, and principles related to inspired teaching and inspiring learners. Electronic showcase/portfolio requirements, skills, and principles. Grading is S, U or In Progress (IP).
- Apply a deeper understanding of becoming a transformative and inspired teacher as related to the integration of content and pedagogical practices acquired in ITL 520 and ITL 522.
- Create an integrative electronic Showcase/portfolio highlighting a professional development growth plan focused on a deepening understanding of the Inspire(d) framework, Teaching Performance Expectations, single subject pedagogical research and theories, key assignments, and an ongoing reflection about being an inspired teacher working with all learners.
- Analyze the effectiveness of experiences acquired during visits to a variety of the single subject classrooms aligned to appropriate content and related observant and participatory practices used in ITL 520 and ITL 522.
- Students are expected to attend all class sessions, participate in all class activities, and complete assessment measures/assignments as scheduled.
- Students are expected to integrate textbooks, internet resources, educational research and literature, and/or lecture concepts into all appropriate assignment requirements.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.