Examines historical, socio-political, cultural, and economic influences, as well as technological and other innovations on the evolution of education in the U.S. and globally. Considers the impact of legal mandates and other influential factors on the profession; identifies necessary knowledge, skills, and dispositions of an inspired professional educator.
- Identify the historical, socio-political, and economic and cultural factors as well as other innovations (e.g., technological, neuroscience) that have impacted the evolution of public education in the U.S. and globally, as well as their effects and influences on state, district, and school governance practices and financial allocations.
- Examine legal and ethical mandates outlining the role and responsibilities, rights and protections, of a professional educator in California’s K12 classrooms and schools.
- Explain the full range of expectations (e.g. professional knowledge, skills and dispositions as well as standards and TPEs) of an educator seeking a credential in California.
- Discuss how collaboration facilitates the creation and maintenance of a productive, inclusive, and safe learning environment encouraging positive adult-student and student-student interactions, as well as appreciates and reflects diversity, multiple perspectives, and cultural responsiveness.
- Discuss one’s values, biases, beliefs – whether implicit or explicit- regarding expectations for (a) students, teaching and learning; b) the role and responsibilities associated with being an inspired educator of and for all students; and c) how to plan for one’s own professional growth and development.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education