Becoming a Teacher
Becoming a Teacher
BA credential program requirements; K-12 school and classroom experiences; and observational skills in K-12 classrooms. Principles sustaining an inspired teacher mindset. Electronic showcase reflecting professional growth throughout the program. Grading is S, U or In Progress (IP).
- Apply academic and collaborative principles and skills needed to achieve academic success, continuous professional development, and lifelong learning as an inspired teacher.
- Apply critical thinking to the processes for identifying, securing, using, and tracking meaningful field experience placements, as well as to the observational skills needed to understand the myriad factors playing out in a K-12 classroom.
- Analyze the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to successfully pass CBEST, CSET, RICA (not for Single Subject), and Cal TPA Cycle I and Cycle II.
- Create an electronic showcase highlighting a professional development growth plan focused on a deepening understanding of the Inspire(d) framework, TPE Elements, and related research ans theories, which will lead to an on-going teacher induction plan.
- Students are expected to attend all class sessions, participate in all class activities, and complete assessment measures/assignments as scheduled.
- Students are expected to create a electronic portfolio (Showcase) reflecting state and program requirements, Teaching Performance Expectations (TPEs), and inspire mindset as well as integrate an analysis of their teaching beliefs and practices.
- Students are expected to integrate textbooks, internet resources, educational research and literature, and/or lecture concepts into all appropriate assignments.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.