Active Teaching and Learning
Explores the characteristics of the effective online teacher, the distinguishing features of online learners, and how these two elements converge in the design and development of active, student-centered lessons, courses, and multiple assessments in the online learning environment.
- analyze the distinguishing characteristics of online learners
- analyze the characteristics of effective online teaching
- apply learning theories to the online learning environment
- apply active, student-centered online pedagogical strategies
- create student-centered, interactive lessons and courses
- evaluate assessments to measure online student achievement
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.