A comprehensive course on how to design curriculum that will be implemented in an online teaching environment. Students use an online course management and authoring system to design a course for use in K-16, public or private.
- Design an online course.
- Identify and demonstrate methods and techniques to accommodate learners in an online environment.
- Analyze appropriate Internet resources to use in designing curriculum.
- Describe professional skills required by educators who wish to benefit from emerging technology developments.
- Identify and evaluate different course authoring and learning management systems.
- Develop a curriculum plan for an Internet project designed according to a directed or constructivist model.
andlt;pandgt;Students will be assigned an account for creating the final project for this certificate or specialization.andlt;/pandgt;
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education