An overview of the use of multimedia and interactive technologies in the educational environment, focusing on design and production of multimedia products. Students will develop media literacy via exposure to web-based conferencing, art programs, PowerPoint, Dreamweaver, image scanning and editing, as well as video and sound digitization.
- Define the terms multimedia and interactivity used in the area of educational technology.
- Describe a variety of ways multimedia is being used in the K-16 educational environment.
- Identify hardware needed in order to implement: A simple multimedia configuration, a medium level configuration, a high power multimedia configuration.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of multimedia courseware as an instructional delivery system based upon findings presented in the literature by citing evidence to support position.
- Identify at least three questions or directions in multimedia supported instruction research which need further exploration.
- Identify important criteria for the evaluation and selection of multimedia hardware and software.
- Outline the major steps in the design and development of multimedia instruction.
- Describe the principles related to the design of multimedia based materials.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully design and run a multimedia type program.
- Develop effective multimedia supported instruction, with studentsandapos; choice of theme, by integrating instructional principles into it.
- Identify the value in interactive technologies for learning.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education