Information technology issues, networking, and the convergence of media (telecommunications, voice, video, and data) will be contextualized through the lens of educational leadership. Future technology leaders will address current issues such as network security, digital ethics, budgets, and the total cost of ownership as it pertains to hardware and software.
- Explore leadership and organizational development theory and strategies in educational and instructional technology.
- Review case studies of best practice in educational and instructional technology.
- Define and describe the features and benefits of information networks as they pertain to instruction or to education assets.
- Identify and define the components of a network, interoperability, convergence of media, issues relating to data management, and security.
- Compare traditional computer lab designs with emergent/new technology configurations.
- Conduct an interview with a CTO or Director of Technology.
- Generate a spreadsheet that addresses Total Cost of Ownerships and amortization schedules for dealing with obsolete systems.
- Generate a technology plan that supports a vision to implement new technology or to upgrade an existing technology system in the workplace.
- Engage in discussions regarding emerging issues and trends in technology systems and infrastructure.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education