This comprehensive course covers principles and strategies for conducting online lessons in a variety of online teaching environments including hybrid courses, with a primary focus on how teaching strategies have evolved in order to fit the new medium of online learning. Students survey theories and applications of online learning and teaching. Special focus is given on the use of the Internet for implementing distance education systems for adult learners. The course covers hands-on tools such as web page design authoring tools and videoconferencing technology. Career paths in the arena of online teaching will also be investigated.
- Define online learning and develop a rationale for the educational uses of the Internet in K-16 and corporate education programs.
- Discuss the hardware and software requirements which need to be met in order to effectively utilize online learning.
- Recognize approaches to using online learning for educational goals.
- Design web-based courses using web page design authoring tools.
- Discuss the potential and effectiveness of distance learning.
- Identify various forms of instructional delivery via telecommunication, such as correspondence, videoconferencing, and mailing list, Usenet, course delivery on-line, and hybrid courses.
- Describe the critical issues involved in designing effective distance educational programs, including formation of instructional goals and objectives, media/technology selection, financial considerations, etc.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an instructional module delivered through a completely digital form of distance education.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education