Comprehensive overview of technology use in an educational environment. Includes hands-on practice of word processing, presentations, spreadsheet, and database management. Topics include: introduction to Internet, integrating technology into teaching and learning, technology management, and strategies for integration of technology into the curriculum. Complies with the requirements for a California Teaching Credential.
- Identify and operate computer systems, hardware components and a variety of educational software.
- Apply learned skills in the selection, evaluation and appropriate uses of computer-based learning materials consistent with theories of learning and intelligence.
- Create and discuss a plan for integration of computer-based application into instruction in the candidate’s selected subject area and/or grade level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to use computer-based technology productivity/multimedia programs such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, Inspiration and HyperStudio to enhance the development of student’s problem solving skills, critical thinking skills, and/or creative processes.
- Discuss and assess issues related to the law and ethics, access and equity of computer usage.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.