Exploration of four theoretical constructs: learning theory, project design and management, assessment and evaluation, and the integration and application of digital tools. As a foundational course for EDT, students conduct scholarly research and develop technical skills while constructing and contributing in an online learning community.
- Participate in an online learning community by creating a personal website and by engaging in a variety of social networking tools.
- Explore emerging technologies and digital media and discuss the implication for teaching, for learning and for training with these technologies.
- Evaluate current issues and trends in educational and instructional technology and analyze the research findings to determine the impact in educational programs.
- Analyze case studies, scenarios, and models where technology is integrated, managed, and implemented.
- Conduct scholarly research in learning theory, project design and management, learning objects, instructional design, development and delivery in a web-based, hybrid, and eLearning environment.
- Discuss and defend the ethical use of digital curriculum for communicating and for creating digital assets.
- Apply and assess the concept of the instructional use of learning objects in a digital environment.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.