Examines the critical role of the early childhood teacher. Opportunities to reflect upon beliefs, analyze current role, recognize strengths and develop a plan to move forward that strengthens and supports their professional growth. Addresses NAEYC/NCATE Advanced Standard 5: Growing as a professional.
- Define their beliefs about early childhood teachers, children, parents and stakeholders.
- Discuss their beliefs in light of course reading, field experiences and assignments.
- Summarize their teaching strengths and opportunities for growth through active reflection.
- Analyze teaching strengths based upon course readings, field experiences and assignments.
- Evaluate teaching strengths based upon course work and develop a plan for continued professional growth in accordance with CCTC Professional Growth Manual guidelines or its equivalent.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.