Focus on financial policies and management of resources in early education settings. Emphasis on accounting fundamentals of preparing, recording and monitoring funds.
- Understand in written and orally the costs associated with running an Early Childhood program.
- Develop an appropriate detailed annual operating budget with reconciliation of expenses to budget. Implement a system to review or adjust the budget if a circumstance change and includes a yearly audit.
- Explain and demonstrate fiscal records such as revenue and expenditure statements, balance sheets, banking etc.
- Develop a chart that incorporates a salary schedule based on your revenue and costs.
- Identify additional financial resources to enhance your program, i.e. Grant writing, fund-raising, donations, government funding, state funding, and local funding.
- List and explain the role of record keeping and identify commuter software focusing on financials that are available for Child care programs.
- Develop written policies and procedures related to the financial matters of the program.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 165,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education