Partnering With Families
Focus on acquiring knowledge through current research and developmental theories to plan responsive environments for infants and toddlers that strengthen family-school partnerships. Will explore through case studies optimum communication techniques for building and maintaining positive relationships with family members.
- Explain components of effective family-program staff relationships.
- Apply appropriate communication methods and conflict resolution skills when interacting with family members.
- Create lessons around the opportunities for involvement with families in infant and toddler programs
- Analyze topics of diversity related to differences and similarities in families.
- Design a newsletter specifically inviting the families to participate in the learning experiences of their child.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.