Focus on enriching and enhancing young children's learning through the creative arts. Emphasis on integrating creative experiences within core subjects to create developmentally appropriate experiences.
- Demonstrate, in writing and discussion, supportive historical background and developmental perspectives for the use of creative arts in the growth and development of young children.
- Demonstrate, in writing and discussion, the effectiveness of music, movement, drama, and dance as teaching-learning strategies with young children.
- Demonstrate, in writing and discussion, blending of subject matter in music, movement, drama and dance and integration into an age appropriate dynamic learning curriculum units for young children.
- Compile a variety of music, movement, drama and dance resources for use in curriculum unit planning for young children.
- Develop skills in improvisation of activities to accompany play activities.
- Exhibit personal and social behavior while presenting culturally diverse performing arts; dance and music.
- Implement the use of environmental materials to create musical instruments.
- Demonstrate core standards for the performing arts as a means of fitness and health promotion.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level written communication.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate undergraduate application of analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of potential legal and ethical issues in course content.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 175,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.