Focus on identification, design and delivery of developmentally age appropriate experiences that encourage active math, science and technology inquiry. Inquiry related to emerging notions of mathematical and scientific processes is basis for activities along with the inclusion of technology as a strategy.
- Identify the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of effective teachers of young children in science and mathematics.
- Investigate the developmentally appropriate curriculum standards (NAEYC) and available and useful resources for teaching science and mathematics to all young children.
- Explore several options provided with technology for use in teaching and, specifically to teaching science and mathematics to young children.
- Develop a technology tool that supports the learning of science and mathematics with technology to be used to communicate to families of young children for a specific early childhood educational setting.
- Design a lesson using developmentally appropriate curriculum standards (NAEYC) in both science and mathematics integrating technology.
- Implement and assess the developmentally appropriate science and mathematics lesson integrating technology in a setting of a small group of young children. (A group of 4-6 is recommended.)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education