Focus on acquisition and developmental aspects of language related to emergent literacy skills. Emphasis on current research regarding language experiences that contributes to literacy acquisitions, including assessment and instruction.
- Use current research in language acquisition to validate academic decisions.
- Describe the relationship between language development and emerging literacy skills
- Plan age developmentally approaches and multicultural sensitive activities that effect the development of literary skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess children's work for communicating, planning, delivery and differentiating instruction
- Demonstrate the use of read alouds in planning different active learning activities using literacy (comprehension and vocabulary) as well as different genres (narrative and informational) books.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education