Focus on the influence of family, school and community on development and education of the young child. Special emphasis on the role of nutrition, positive home and school environments and community resources.
- Demonstrate, both in writing and discussion, the influence of community interaction upon socialization of children.
- Demonstrate, both in writing and discussion, consideration and support of needs of young children and their families as well as an awareness of and contribution to community.
- Demonstrate, both in writing and discussion, importance of cultural and ethnic diversity in socialization processes.
- Demonstrate, both in writing and discussion, importance of preschool education and interventions on developing domains.
- Demonstrate, both in writing and discussion, importance of equal preschool educational opportunities for all young children.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level written communication skills.
- Demonstrate undergraduate-level oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the application of undergraduate-level analytical and critical thinking skills.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.