National University’s Clear Education Specialist Teaching Credential program provides the next step in professional development for education specialist teachers who wish to clear their preliminary credential. Open to special education teachers who are currently employed in a full-time position, this credential is designed for those who already hold a preliminary education specialist credential with authorization in the areas of mild/moderate or moderate/severe instruction. The Clear Education Specialist Teaching Credential program consists of four courses, including an elective that participating teachers choose for themselves. Each professional will work in his or her own classroom with students on several meaningful assignments created to support professional development and growth in the CA Standards of the Teaching Profession through an Individual Induction Plan, an Inquiry Project, and other highly relevant experiences.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate use of a variety of advanced evidence-based instructional strategies to engage and support all students. (CSTP 1; Clear Standard 5, 6, 6a, 6b)
- Develop and maintain effective equitable and inclusive learning environments appropriate for the support for all students. (CSTP 2; Clear Standard 5, 6, 6a, 6b)
- Demonstrate knowledge and organization of subject matter, academic content standards, and curriculum frameworks to ensure all students understanding. (CSTP 3; Clear Standard 5)
- Plan and develop instructional goals, adapt instructional plans and materials to meet the assessed learning needs of all students. (CSTP 4; Clear Standard 4, 5, 6, a, 6b)
- Use assessment data to develop and monitor goals, plan, differentiate, and modify instruction for all students. (CSTP 5; Clear Standard 4, 5)
- Reflect on your teaching practice with DSP, using current evidence based research, legal issues, collaboration with families and other professionals in the context of current teaching assignment. (CSTP 6; Clear Standard 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 170,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.