This course addresses fundamental concepts and practices in educational research in special education. Covers specific applications of educational research methods in special education. Emphasizes review and critique of special education research, and applied classroom research for teachers in diverse settings. This course is designed as the capstone course in which candidates will complete the research project and present it before a panel of experts for feedback and recommendations.
- Access the major journals/indexes necessary to critically read and conduct research in special education.
- Develop research that can influence policy, and advocate through leadership roles.
- Develop an annotated bibliography when given a research topic in special education.
- Evaluate the strengths and weakness of individual research designs in special education based on the internal/external validity model. Knowledge of sampling techniques and necessary requirements for sample size in-group designs.
- Independently and in collaboration use a variety of data to evaluate the outcomes of teaching and learning to adapt planning and practice.
- Identify the procedures for conducting research with small sample including single case studied.
- Design a research project for the capstone which includes a specific topic in the area of special education.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education