Internship M/M Course
The National University Special Education Internship for Mild/Moderate disabilities is designed as an alternative route for the preparation of Education Specialist candidates. Candidates selected for an internship serve as teachers of record in special education classrooms/programs, earn full time salaries and receive benefits. Interns receive support and supervision, from the university program and the school site, for a minimum of 4 months while completing required coursework for authorization to teach students with mild/moderate disabilities. Does not grant graduate units towards graduate degree.
- Demonstrate specific pedagogical skills for subject matter instruction (TPE 1)
- Monitor learning during instruction (based on student’s IEP) (TPE 2)
- Demonstrate the interpretation and use of assessments (TPE 3)
- Demonstrate making content accessible (TPE 4)
- Demonstrate student engagement (TPE 5)
- Demonstrate developmentally appropriate teaching practices (TPE 6)
- Demonstrate skill in teaching English Learners (TPE 7)
- Demonstrate skill in learning about students (TPE 8)
- Demonstrate instructional planning (TPE 9)
- Demonstrate skill in instructional planning as it realtes to the use of time (TPE 10)
- Demonstrate skill in the development of the social environment (TPE 11)
- Demonstrate professional, legal and ethical responsibilities and obligations (TPE 12)
- Demonstrate professional growth (TPE 13)
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 185,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.