Course focuses on synthesis and application of evidence based research informing data driven instruction for monitoring student behavior and academic progress. Advanced practice in creating effective learning environments for special needs and EL students, collaborating with families and service providers, developing instruction and technology to facilitate curriculum mastery are examined.
- Evaluate current evidence based research specific to your specialization to integrate new knowledge and skills into your teaching practice.
- Create an effective inclusive and safe learning environment in your classroom utilizing positive behavior supports for all learners.
- Demonstrate effective assessment (CELDT) and instructional approaches for English language learners and share results with families and other professionals.
- Demonstrate the use of advanced pedagogy for subject matter in specific credential areas related to the California Standards for the Teaching Profession (CSTP).
- Develop technological resources and strategies to enhance the learning of all students.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.