A continuation of professional development for new Preliminary Education Specialist teachers. Participating teachers will assess their current teaching practice, explores professional teaching standards and design a growth plan to meet their needs and the needs of students they serve. Must be taken as the first course for the Education Specialist Clear Credential Program.
- Analyze a self-assessment of your teaching practice to identify your strengths and areas of challenge.
- Create a professional growth plan (IIP) based upon the California Standards for the Teaching Profession.
- Evaluate current research-based findings on effective teaching practices for students with disabilities to apply to your own teaching.
- Create an inquiry project focusing the Plan/Teach/Reflect/Apply cycle for an EL student, a student with behavior needs, and a special needs students.
- Evaluate current research-based literature impacting classroom practice; school reform, legal issues and leadership.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
Attend class and learn onsite at one of over 20 locations in California.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.