This course is designed to extend knowledge of federal and state courts interpretation of statues and regulations addressing the delivery of special education and related services to students with disabilities. The candidate will also examine the collaborative practices with families, school personnel, and community members. During this course, candidates will complete step 4 of the research process: Step 4 Choosing a Research Design. Candidates will also submit the IRB review form.
- Integrate knowledge pf the legal bases and mandates of special education including the protections and rights afforded by federal law, practices expected of teachers, (e.g. fair assessment practices, development of IEP’s and IFSP’s, monitoring and instruction, etc).
- Apply knowledge of the ethical standards and professional practices of general and special education including the ability to provide a safe environment.
- Integrate necessary skills for collaboration
- Apply knowledge of special education legal requirements for the IFSP/IEP and related to education (IEP, 504, job partnership, IDEA, etc).
- Integrate knowledge of state and federal legal requirements for placement and instruction of English learners including ASL/English learners.
- Apply knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to the promotion of positive behavior and self regulation as well as to promoting safe schools.
- Develop step 4 of the research project: Choosing a research design.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education