This course examines the process of how to (a) name key roles needed to implement special education effectively; (b) specify the knowledge and skills relevant to individuals in each role; (c) identify essential professional development and parent education necessary to ensure the readiness of members of a multi-disciplinary team to perform responsibilities effectively; and (d) compare and contrast various types of such growth opportunities. In this course candidates will develop step 2 of the research process: Review of the Literature
- Candidates will identify key roles necessary to the implementation of special education.
- Candidates will identify essential knowledge and practices, relevant to each role, to ensure the vital elements of special education are implemented.
- Identify professional development and parent education necessary to ensure members of the multidisciplinary team can perform responsibilities effectively.
- Candidates will contrast benefits of various opportunities for professional growth and parent education.
- Analyze the process of collaboration to determine essential behaviors.
- Analyze theoretical underpinnings of collaborative meeting practices.
- Develop step two of the research process, Literature Review.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 180,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
75+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.