An in-depth look at students with mild to moderate disabilities served both in and out of the general education classroom with an emphasis on differentiating instruction for successful learning.
- Describe atypical development and characteristics of a student with mild moderate disabilities and diverse learners, all categories, covered by Federal law under M/M disabilities and how it affects core curriculum;
- Coordinate and collaborate the comprehensive instructional program for students with mild moderate disabilities and diverse learners using the core curriculum standards;
- Utilize a variety of appropriate assessment tools and strategies in order to make effective educational decisions for students with mild moderate disabilities and diverse learners & to develop effective instruction aligned with the core curriculum;
- Collaborate with a general education teacher to differentiate lesson plans for a unit of instruction in order for students with mild/moderate disabilities and diverse learners to access the core curriculum. Analyze/evaluate completed differentiated lesson plans. Consult with a general education teacher to assist in differentiating lesson plans for a low-ability student included in a general education math class, given a brief background of the student’s needs;
- Integrate and apply the knowledge and skills needed to teach English language learners and students from diverse backgrounds and experiences;
- Engage in multiple field experiences in a broad range of service delivery options for students with disabilities mild moderate disabilities and diverse learners.
Why Choose National University?
We’re proud to be a veteran-founded, San Diego-based nonprofit. Since 1971, our mission has been to provide accessible, achievable higher education to adult learners. Today, we educate students from across the U.S. and around the globe, with over 150,000 alumni worldwide.
Focus on one subject at a time — one month at a time — and finish your degree faster.
100+ Degree Programs
Choose from associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees, plus credentials and certificates.
On Campus or Online
Study when and where it’s convenient for you with evening, weekend, and 100% online classes.
Apply or transfer any time. Classes start monthly, and applications are accepted year round.
20+ Campus Locations
Attend class onsite at one of over 20 campus locations across California or in Nevada.
As a Yellow Ribbon school, we offer tuition discounts to servicemembers and dependents.
Sanford College of Education
“Our goal is to deliver high quality educator preparation programs that feature social-emotional learning and evolve inspiring professionals who have positive impact in PK-12 school settings.”Sanford College of Education